This is part of the manual for the Android Finance Application.
Pressing the payees icon will show the list of Payees that have been created, as show below:
- Filter. The filter allows you to narrow down the list of payees.
- Account. The list shows the payees that have been created.
- Inactive Account. Inactive payees are shown in red. Inactive payees are generally not shown in any lists or reports. Use inactive payees to exclude old payees that you no longer want to see.
- Add Payee. A shortcut icon to add a payee.
- Overflow menu. The overflow menu contains an option to toggle inactive payees
Touch the payee to see the associated transactions.
Note: Android devices running OS3.2 or below will see items 4 & 5 by pressing the menu button.
To add a payee, press the ‘Add Payee’ action bar icon. This will open the payee screen as shown below:
- Enter a payee name
- Tick the checkbox if the payee is active.
Edit or Delete Payee
To edit or delete a payee, long press on the payee name and select the option as shown below:
Selecting edit will open the same screen as adding a payee.
Selecting delete will show a confirmation dialog. Press ‘Yes’ to delete the payee. Note that if the payee has transactions in it, you will be prompted with a second dialog as shown below:
If you continue to delete the payee, then be aware that you will also delete all associated transactions which will affect both the payee you are deleting and the accounts for associated transactions. Rather than deleting a payee with transactions, set the ‘Payee Active’ setting to unchecked when editing the payee.