This is part of the manual for the Android Finance Application.
The Finance Application
The Finance application is a standard Android application and can be started by touching the Finance icon. The opening screen, shown below, shows a number of options that can be selected.
Description of the opening screen.
- Accounts. This allows you to see all the accounts that have been defined. From here you can add, delete and edit account information. You can also drill down into the transactions for each accounts.
- Categories. This allows you to see all the categories that have been defined. As with the accounts option, you can add, delete and modify categories.
- Payees. This allows you to see all the payees that have been defined. As with the previous options, you can add, delete and modify payees.
- Search. This takes you to the search screen where you can enter various criteria to find matching transactions.
- Reports. This takes you to the reports screen where you can choose charts to draw
- Add Transaction. A shortcut to add a transaction.
- Overflow Menu. The overflow menu which currently contains an ‘About’ option.
- Information. A panel showing some statistical information regarding the number of accounts, payees, categories and transactions. This is shown in the image below.
- Settings. This contains the Finance data backup and schedule screens.
Click the links above for more information on each item.