This is part of the manual for the Android Finance Application.
Pressing the accounts icon will show the list of Accounts that have been created, as show below:
- Search Filter. The search filter allows you to narrow down the list of accounts.
- Account. The list shows the accounts that have been created. Inactive Accounts are shown in red. Inactive accounts are generally not shown in any lists or reports. Use inactive accounts to exclude old accounts that you no longer want to see.
- Add Account. A shortcut icon to add an account.
- Overflow menu. The overflow menu contains an option to toggle inactive accounts
Touch the account to view the associated transactions.
To add an account, press the ‘Add Account’ action bar icon. This will open the account screen as shown below:
- Enter an account name
- Enter the opening balance. The opening balance is the amount of money that is in the account before any transactions are recorded.
- Enter the date the account was opened
- Tick the checkbox if the account is active.
Edit Delete or Reconcile Account
To edit, delete or reconcile an account, long press on the account name and select the option as shown below:
Selecting edit will open the same screen as adding an account, populated with the selected account details.
Selecting delete will show a confirmation dialog. Press ‘Yes’ to delete the account. Note that if the account has transactions in it, you will be prompted with a second dialog as shown below:
If you continue to delete the account, then be aware that you will also delete all associated transactions which will affect both the account you are deleting and the payees for associated transactions. Rather than deleting an account with transactions, set the ‘Account Active’ setting to unchecked when editing the account.
For the Reconcile option, see the section on Reconciliation