You probably know that Contact Lookup Fast on Android can search your contacts, but it can do more than that.
In the video below, we show how you can search for employees of Microsoft by using the organisation category prefix (o:). This quickly pops up the employees, but we notice that one suspicious employee is from Finland, so we modify the search to exclude anyone from Finland* using the exclusion modifier (!).
Having searched, we can then email, sms or send their vCards using the share option. This opens another screen where you can tailor the list to exclude people or change the contact address.
* Technically we should have used the address category (a:!finland) to make sure we only exclude people with addresses in Finland, as without the category prefix CLF would exclude any contact with Finland in any field.
Contact Lookup Fast is available from the Google Play Store.
End of Life Announcement
From March 2013 we are no longer actively developing the Contact Lookup Pro application.
With the ability of Contact Lookup Fast to search newly changed contacts there is no longer a ‘Unique Selling Proposition’ with Contact Lookup Pro and selling both applications is just confusing to potential customers.
For the remainder of 2013 we will fix any critical defects with Contact Lookup Pro for Android OS versions 4.2.2 and below.
Upgrade to Contact Lookup Fast
Users who have recently bought Contact Lookup Pro can upgrade to Contact Lookup Fast. All you have to do is purchase Contact Lookup Fast from Google Play and then email us with the invoice details of both purchases. We will then refund the purchase of Contact Lookup Pro.
Note, if Contact Lookup Pro is working fine for you, then there is no reason to upgrade.
Terms of Upgrade.
1) Purchase of Contact Lookup Pro must have been made in the past 6 months.
2) We are sometimes restricted by Google and may not be able to refund your purchase of Contact Lookup Pro. Where this happens, we will refund your purchase of Contact Lookup Fast. You will no longer be able to use Contact Lookup Fast, although you can still use Contact Lookup Pro
3) We reserve the right to not refund customers and this is at our discretion.
4) Once we have refunded Contact Lookup Pro, we will not refund any purchases of Contact Lookup Fast.
5) We will wait a period of one week after the purchase of Contact Lookup Fast before we refund Contact Lookup Pro. This is to ensure that you are happy with the new application and to avoid any ‘gaming’ of this offer.
We’ve added the ability to save searches made with Contact Lookup as a shortcut on the home screen.
We’ve released the paid version of Finance. This includes the same features as the free version, but includes:
- Account reconciliation
- QIF import
- Home screen widget/shortcut to go straight to entering transactions
- No adverts
If you’re using the free version and want to upgrade to the paid version, then just install it and it will automatically pick up the transactions from the free version as they both share the same data file.
You can find it on the Google Play site.
We seem to have garnered a spurious award.
Click through for more details on the FileDir site.
We’ve released a beta version 0.7.0 of Finance for Android devices.
This beta version has the ability to reconcile accounts, as well as other bug fixes and UI tweaks.
You can read more on the reconciliation process in the manual.
We’ve released a beta version of Finance for Android devices.
This beta version has a core feature set in place, but has some known issues and missing features.
We’ve released this to solicit feedback on the feature set and to receive bug reports.