View Your Contact Events
There are many Android widgets that allow you to view calendar events, some even mix in tasks and the odd one will show Contact events. There are also some dedicated Contact Event viewing applications, but Contact Event widgets seem to be thin on the ground.
Fear not, SoftWyer have created one!
Contact events are the special dates that are associated with individual contacts. The obvious ones are Birthdays and Anniversaries, but with Android and GMail, you can create custom contact events. These can be anything you like, any event linked to a person or organisation that you want to remember; the day you resigned, the date you bought your cat, the day your friend divorced, etc.
The widget is intelligent and will automatically update when a new contact event is created or an existing one is changed.
Contact Lookup Events is a widget for Android OS 4.x and above. Just drag it onto your home screen and it will list all of your Contacts that have events in date order. The events that are happening soonest are shown at the top.
- Clickable to open Google’s Quick Contact Viewer.
- Styling and formatting improvements with sectional titles like today, this week, next week, etc.
- Highlighting of important anniversaries, such as 10, 15, 20, 25, 50. Similarly important birthdays (at least in the UK) such as 10,13,16,18,21,30,40, etc.
- Exclude contacts by adding them to a group called ‘CLE Hidden’
We’re also planning to make a paid version that will allow you to:
- Choose the event types to show. You can have separate widgets for Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc.
- Different themes and, possibly, styles
- Clickable names to open the full contact details
- Clickable calendar icon to open the calendar
- Exclude groups and accounts. Don’t want to see obituary dates, add the dead contacts to a group and automatically exclude them
- Highlighting of important anniversaries with icons. Birthdays have candles, anniversaries have hearts, deaths have crosses (or is that too morbid…)
Contact Lookup Events is available from the Google Play Store.