Mapcial & Walk2012
Mapcial? Walk2012? See the previous post for an overview.
Some new stuff in this version, so here’s a picture to talk around:
- New title bar showing current user’s alias.
- New Message Icon that when pressed takes you to the messages you’ve been sent.
- Message screen to read and delete sent messages
- Indicator on messages so that you can see which ones are new, like this-> (*)
- Pressing on other participants will show an info window with a clickable ‘Leave a message’ link.
- Message screen to send messages
- The opacity of participants is related to the last time they were seen. If you haven’t run the application for a while, you’ll fade out (and be ignored after two weeks)
New techie stuff
- Application checks the server every 5 minutes for messages and animates the icon when new messages are available
- Not using WIFI or Radio Towers for positioning, it’s just not accurate enough
- Participants updated every minute
- Fixed a few bugs around updating your position.
- Persistent messages on Google’s App Engine. You can delete these after reading.
- Reworked the route download. Now shows all the images and route information from a shared Google Map
- View map of location
- View last know location of participating people
- View Google Map route
- View information associated with placemarkers from Google Maps
- Autofollow of your location
Feel free to leave comments. Did I mention it’s alpha and buggy? 😛